FC3-0812: Frequency Counter cum RF
Meter project detailed here is based on PIC18F4550
Interesting features of this project:
1. Its USB and DC12V Powered
2. Measures RF Level using AD8307
3. Count frequency to 50MHZ and 500MHZ
4. 2 x 16 LCD Display with BL
5. Signal Level measurement in dbm, vpp and rms
6. 50 ohms input impedance for both ranges
7. Frequency "off-sets" set by PC program.
8. Free PIC Firmware & PC WIN Software by Tony/I2TZK
Counter is designed on a double sided PTH Board and works on USB or
external DC12V power.
Fc3 is designed and developed for Radio Amateurs looking for economical frequency counter for their hobby
work and wish to measure RF signal Level at the same time.
Device's AD8307 is used to measure RF level very accurately in DBm, Vpp or RMS.
Counter works with PC or as a Stand-alone. PC Connection is auto
detected and so is stand-alone mode.
panel push buttons are provided for RF Meter Mode and HF to VHF
Frequency measurement modes.
PC program is specially designed for FC3 by Tony/I2TZK
is provided for configuration of IF Off-sets and AD8307 related
parameter configuration thru USB interface.
Complete KIT uses (and Includes) AD8307, ADA4789 and MC12080 in SMT
package and are supplied pre-soldered on PCB for those who do not like to solder these tiny devices. Assembled FC3 may also be
available but buyer need to calibrate RF Measurement using PC
Kits and assembled FC3 are
available. Only use Standard Osc provided with kits. Do not use TCXO
in place of supplied Osc as the TCXO is not yet tested by me.